The Virginia Rotary District 7610 is pleased to announce that Rotary Global Grant Scholarships are now open for application to all clubs in the District 7610. All clubs will now assist scholarship applicants from within the District for consideration for this $40,000 scholarship to pursue graduate study outside of the United States. The Global Grant Scholarships are designated for dedicated individuals who are committed to addressing global challenges in one of Rotary’s seven areas of focus:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
- Supporting the Environment
Scholarships will be awarded for graduate study in a degree program to individuals who demonstrate commitment to community service and excellent leadership skills and with a proven track record in their field of study or vocation. For the 2024-25 academic year we anticipate two scholarships in the range of $40,000 from Rotary District 7610 will be awarded.
Candidates must travel abroad for study, live in a foreign host Rotary district while studying, and must either be proficient in the language of the host country or study in a graduate degree program taught in English in their host country. Rotary Global Grant Scholarships are funded by Rotary District 7610 funds matched by The Rotary International Foundation.
The selection of scholarship recipients is a multi-tiered process starting with the candidates’ local club, which seeks to identify qualified individuals who are students or permanent residents within their service area. Applicants are advised to adhere to the following general timeline:
2023-2024 Selection Timeline for Scholarship Year 2024-2025:
- July 1 Application form available here
- Late September Application deadline, submitted to local Rotary Club sponsors
- Early October Local interviews with Rotary Club sponsors (if needed)
- October 20 Local clubs submit their nominees to District 7610
- November 10 District nominee interviews in Charlottesville, VA (or zoom if required)
- November 20 Deadline for communicating District decisions to all applicants
- November 26 Applicants apply for admission to their planned institution by this date
- January 15 Selected candidates submit proof of acceptance into their program at host institution abroad
- March 15 Anticipated date for final confirmation of award from Rotary International
HERE IS HOW TO APPLY:
Complete application submissions should include
- the application form,
- an updated resume/CV, and
- an unofficial transcript from the College/University from which the applicant will graduate.
Applications, along with a copy of your transcript, and your resume/CV must be submitted to a Rotary Club in District 7610 (see list here of all D7610 Club Presidents).
If you have been admitted to a graduate program already, please include a copy of your letter of admission.
- Zoom Recording for Applicant Info Session, 2023-2024 Selection Year: WATCH RECORDING
- Global Grant Scholarship Powerpoint Presentation for Applicants, CLICK HERE