Scholarship grants (minimum amount $30,000) are available through Global Grants. Fifty percent of the grant comes from District Global DDF funds and the remainder from the World Fund.
Global Grant funds for scholars are subject to the following conditions for eligibility:
- The scholar’s chosen university is located in an international district
- The scholar is seeking a scholarship for graduate-level study
- The scholar’s area of study and professional goals further one of the Seven Areas of Focus
- Global grants may fund a scholar for a terms ranging from one to two years, covering tuition, room and board, etc. for the duration of the grant.
- A formal letter of acceptance from the university will be required at the time of submission of the scholarship application for approval by Rotary International.
For 2022-2023 academic year scholarships the deadline for clubs submitting a proposed candidate application is November 30, 2021. Candidate interviews for the 2022-2023 academic year will take place on December 11, 2021.
District 7610 maintains a district level application process which requires a written application, candidate resume, two letters of recommendation and in-person interviews. The application process begins with a club submitting an application by the proposed scholarship candidate to the District Scholarship Committee. If selected by the Scholarship Committee, the candidate will submit a final application to The Rotary Foundation. The scholarship awarded by District 7610 is subject to final approval by The Rotary Foundation. Both the initial candidate application and final application to The Rotary Foundation can be completed on-line.