Interact is a club for youth ages 12-18 who want to connect with other young people in their community or school. Interact club members have fun while carrying out service projects and learning about the world. Interact clubs organize at least two service projects a year: one that benefits their community and one that encourages international understanding.
While Rotary clubs sponsor them, Interact clubs are largely self-sustaining, requiring little or no financial support from your club.
How do I sponsor a club?
Once your club has decided to sponsor an Interact club, form an Interact committee to organize and support the Interact club. Refer to the Interact Handbook for complete details.
Before starting the club:
- Determine the need for an Interact club in your community
- Identify a school or community partner
- Locate possible Interactors such as current and past participants of Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) and Rotary Youth Exchange
- Organize an informational meeting for potential members
- Assign a Rotarian adviser who will attend board meetings of school-based clubs and all meetings of community-based clubs
- For school-based clubs, identify a faculty adviser who will serve as the liaison between the sponsor Rotary club and the school administration
Can an Interact club have members from more than one school?
Yes. A community-based Interact club can draw members from several schools as long as they are located in the sponsor Rotary club’s district.
… Developing leadership skills and personal integrity;
… Demonstrating helpfulness and respect for others; and
… Advancing international understanding and goodwill.
Interact Equals FUN… and Learning
- All Rotary Clubs who sponsor Interact Clubs must update the Interact Club Advisor form each year. If you do not update for five years, RI will de-charter your club. Accurate contact information for Interact advisors also helps improve communication within our district. You can access that web page here: https://my.rotary.org/en/report-your-interact-club-advisor
- Our Interactors love to show off their achievements. Please share the 2020 – 2021 Presidential Citation Criteria with your Interact Club. Download the brochure here.
|600_interact_promotional_card_en.pdf||03/24/21 at 05:45 AM|
|AreasofFocus2015LettertoInteract Club Faculty Sponsors.doc||03/24/21 at 05:45 AM|
|Certificationform.doc||03/24/21 at 05:45 AM|
|Zone 33 Interact Award 14-15.pdf||03/24/21 at 05:45 AM|
|areas_of_focus_goal_chart_en(1).pdf||03/24/21 at 05:45 AM|
|interact_presidential_citation_en.pdf||03/24/21 at 05:45 AM|